Modeling and Structural Analysis
In order to bring a best in class product to market, companies rely on digital testing and analysis to reduce time to market. However, a dirty secret that surrounds this is that analysts typically get hung up on preparing models for structural analysis and spend far too long preparing/repairing geometry rather than meshing/solving.
SpaceClaim empowers structural analysts by letting them clean, simplify, modify, and optimize both imported models, and models created from scratch inside SpaceClaim. Our built in tools such as mid-surface extraction and beam extraction help to simplify models for structural analysis faster, saving hours of time.
- Mid-surface extraction and creation
- Beam (line element) and Shell (surface element) Modeling – reduce dimensionality of solids
- Removal of rounds or small/irrelevant features
- Edit and modify imported models
- Merge faces to improve meshing
- Make dramatic changes to existing models or conceptualize on the fly to experiment with many design variations
- Rapidly create new concepts as simply as sketching them on paper; start with a blank screen and produce a concept model ready for simulation
- Import an existing CAD model designed for manufacture and prepare it for simulation; remove small surfaces, fillets and unnecessary details
- Increase productivity, out-innovate, and shorten time-to-market
- Improve time-to-result by at least 10x